What are the benefits of joint replacement surgery?
Relief from pain is a key benefit but other benefits include:
- increased mobility and, with it, improved quality of life – you can get back to doing the things you used to love
- reduced need for pain medications
- improved gait (the way you walk)
- improved joint stability, which reduces your risk of falls and injury
- less reliance on other people or aids to enjoy daily life.
"Having joint replacement surgery is a big decision. Please ask us anything at any stage of your journey. Our team has many years of experience in orthopaedic care and we'll be with you every step of the way."
Dr Dan Fick