Who needs joint surgery?
Not everyone who has joint pain or stiffness will need joint replacement surgery, so it can be helpful to talk to an orthopaedic surgeon about your options.
You might consider joint replacement surgery if you experience any of the following:
- osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- joint fractures
- birth defects that may affect the joints
- joint pain that interferes with your sleep
- joint pain that isn’t helped by medication, resting, exercise, weight loss or injections
- joint pain or stiffness that affects your mobility and impacts your daily life, such as walking, bending, showering, getting dressed or getting out of a seat
- joint pain that is affecting your work or home life.
"Having joint replacement surgery is a big decision. Please ask us anything at any stage of your journey. Our team has many years of experience in orthopaedic care and we'll be with you every step of the way."
Dr Dan Fick